- Sets out our approach to let you know about how we collect, hold and use your personal information, and under what circumstances we may disclose your personal information.
- Outlines your rights to, and the method of, gaining access to, seeking corrections of, and having deleted, your information we hold.
- Provides information about how you can approach us about your privacy-related concerns and complaints, and how we deal with such communications.
1. What is Personal Information?
2. What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect personal information, such as:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- facsimile number;
- age or birth date;
and information such as your:
- profession, occupation or job title;
- details of any VentureX HQ products or services you have purchased, events or programs you may have registered for and attended or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services, register you for such event or program, or to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- information you provide to us through our events and communication teams, member surveys or personal interactions with our representatives from time to time.
We may collect other information too, for example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys, feedback forms or aggregated information about how users use our website.
3. How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website;
- during conversations between you and our representatives; or
- when you complete any details online, such as through a sponsorship form, membership application form, subscription form, registration form or purchase order.
We may collect personal information from third parties, including from third party companies such as online social media platform providers, educational institutions, sponsors, supporters and delivery partners and government entities.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer our website, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information.
5. What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with your personal information when requested, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide some or all of the requested programs, products or services to you;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about programs, products and services that you may want, including information about any applicable discounts, sales or special promotions; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences and your experience of our website may not be as enjoyable or useful as it could be.
6. For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and provide the best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services, events and programs;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website (where applicable);
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of VentureX HQ, its related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to contribute to research and analysis (either conducted by us or by third party organisations on our behalf) of relevant information concerning subjects such as the performance or other business-related trends that can be identified regarding women founders and their businesses – but where such use of your personal information may be made, we will de-identify that information prior to it being used in such research or analysis, or otherwise contact you for your consent for it to be included;
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority.
7. To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties for the purposes of operation of our website or our business (including researchers as noted in Section 6 above), fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and/or consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, research/analysis and related purposes (but not for the purposes of the direct marketing of other businesses or organisations – as mentioned in section 8 below); and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate.
8. Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various electronic or other forms, including mail, SMS, messages on digital social media platforms and email, in accordance with applicable Australia laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of their direct marketing.
9. How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the personal information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
10. What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint, and the outcome that you are seeking. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you, your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome.
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and let you know if we have changed our view.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our assessment of your complaint, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
11. Cross-border disclosure of personal information
To provide you with the best service possible, we may use cloud-based technology services to hold your data, including your personal information. As a consequence, your data, including your personal information (and if you have provided such information, any sensitive information (as defined in the Privacy Act) may be held in the data centres used by a provider of such cloud-based technology services.
By becoming a VentureX HQ member or by using the website, you consent to your data, including your personal information (and where applicable, your sensitive information) being transferred to data centres located outside of Australia. Your decision to become a VentureX HQ member or to use the Website indicates your consent to this technical arrangement under which VentureX HQ does not exercise any direct control over the management of your data in those data centres.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third-party website. Third-party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
14. Contacting us
Please contact us at:
VentureX HQ Pty Ltd
PO Box 85, Nedlands WA 6909